BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-(

I have just bought an '06 Dakar , I was going to fit a scott oiler to it in the same place as I did on my Funduro and GS on the right hand side frame leg just above the exhaust..........BUT on my new Dakar there is a silver Tube type thing just under the suspension adjustment IN THE PLACE I WAS GOING TO FIT THE SCOTT OILER ! ! ! ! !

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

AND Any ideas where to fit a Scott Oiler to an '06 GS Dakar ?

Alan :not worthy:

·
Registered
211 Posts
AlanG said:
:-(

I have just bought an '06 Dakar , I was going to fit a scott oiler to it in the same place as I did on my Funduro and GS on the right hand side frame leg just above the exhaust..........BUT on my new Dakar there is a silver Tube type thing just under the suspension adjustment IN THE PLACE I WAS GOING TO FIT THE SCOTT OILER ! ! ! ! !

Can anyone tell me what it is ?

AND Any ideas where to fit a Scott Oiler to an '06 GS Dakar ?

Alan :not worthy:
Nitrogen Gas cannister for rear shock................

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: SCOTTOILER

TheWilbur said:
And the best place for the Scottoiler is.....

a Touring Kit fitted behind the Number Plate. :cool:
Actually Sottoiler themselves recomend you do NOT fit the touring kit on a GS or Dakar as the number plate bracket is not strong enough.

They do a remote flexi tube resevoir for 20 quidish that fits under the seatspace , and provides the same capacity.

·
R.I.P.
6,931 Posts

grazoid said:
TheWilbur said:
And the best place for the Scottoiler is.....

a Touring Kit fitted behind the Number Plate. :cool:
Actually Sottoiler themselves recomend you do NOT fit the touring kit on a GS or Dakar as the number plate bracket is not strong enough.

They do a remote flexi tube resevoir for 20 quidish that fits under the seatspace , and provides the same capacity.
Actually...the Twin Spark models have this part reinforced :dance: so this is not a problem. For pre Twin Spark models TT make a reinforcing bracket which works fine. I know this as I used one on a 2000 GS with Touring Kit and had no problems :big grin:

:riding:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
126 Posts

TheWilbur said:
Actually...the Twin Spark models have this part reinforced :dance: so this is not a problem. For pre Twin Spark models TT make a reinforcing bracket which works fine. I know this as I used one on a 2000 GS with Touring Kit and had no problems :big grin:

:riding:
Superb - will have to tell SWMBO as she has an 04 Twin Spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts