BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all think about the metzler tourance tyre i`m going to do a little tour round the scottish highlands end of may leaving from oxford so a little feedback on tyre choice may go well also if any body has any info on favored routes please feel free to pass on any info many thanks again.mony..

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I suppose that anyone who has used the Metzeler tourance can give an answer to this question?
And yes Wilbur I agree it would be handy that everone would have his bike model/year below his name.
And no I can't answer the question as they don't make them for my motorbike. But as far as I read in all the tests its a superb tyre but it doesn't last as long as others.

Ton

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hello again Ton.

I got em for touring with a teeny bit of offroad. They're pretty good. For offroad drop them to 15psi ish and they're grand for firetrails. For touring fully loaded add about 5 psi to the reccommended bmw full pressure. I've still got half inch chicken strips so I guess I'm not in any hurry but they seem to hold fine, wet or dry. Just starting to show signs of wear at 6 thousand miles.

Gar

·
Registered
103 Posts
HI Mony Tourances will be fine I've done 10+k on mine without compliant.
As for a route, I guessed at starting from Carlisle after getting up Englandshire,
and ending in Newcastle, with a mix of roads and some
good scenery about 1,000 miles up country (east-ish then west and to the north
then back catching some of the "must sees" but the there is
plenty of room for deviation (a trip to Skye is worthwhile). ..
half the fun is finding your own route. :)

Hopefully by the power that is Google: (and a long URL)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...6.547372,-2.768555&spn=5.865677,17.358398&z=6

Have fun
rml

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hi Gar
I would fit them if I had a Funduro but I am not going to swap rims to be able to fit them.

Ton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts