The tyres you are using and driving alone or with a passenger
Normal

with one person on the bike 1.9 bar on the front and 2 bar at the rear
with two people ( max load) 2.2 bar front and 2.5 bar rear

Ton

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That I always forget unfortunately but no doubt you can find this on the internet. We don't do psi here. must be some sort of conversion thingy to find for that.
In my Clymer manual I just found
Front rider only 27 psi full load 33psi
Rear rider only28,5 psi full load 35,5 psi

Lucky for you Clymer does give this info. But it is not the same for all tyres as far as I know.

Ton

·
Registered
346 Posts
As Ton says, it depends on the tyres.

I'd check with the tyre manufacturer for their recommendations, because even within a group of tyres of similar type the recommended pressure can be quite different. For instance, my GS came with Anakees, which were (IIRC) 28psi(f), 30psi(r). I replaced those with Distanzias, for which Avon recommend 26psi(f), 36psi(r), and I now have Tourance: 30psi(f), 33psi(r).

If you can't find out the recommended pressure, a good rule of thumb is that the pressure at full temperature should be ~10% higher than cold. If the difference is higher than this, your pressure is set too low. If the pressure is <10% higher when hot, your set-point is too high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.