BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted this to a F650 Funduro?
Where did you position the reservoir ?
Was it effective?
Many Thanks if you can Assist .

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nope sorry - I fitted a Scottoiler.
I'm a big fan of auto-oilers. The constant oil feed avoids the need for super tacky oils that make chain cleaning a pain.
I just wipe my chain (and the back of the numberplate!) with a paraffin rag once/week (takes 30s) and even after 20k miles the chains still look like they just came out the packaging.
Good luck with the Tutoro.
Buzz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buzz, I only mentioned the tutoro as it seems for the non mechanically mind (me) the easier system to fit.
Where did you locate the scottoiler resovoir on you f650?
Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
520 Posts
You'd be right about ease of fitting. The scottoiler needs a vacuum line to operate which meant fitting a nipple into the intake manifold which takes a bit of digging to get to.

I mounted the oil reservoir on the rhs frame spar running from the headstock to the right footpeg, about half way down - where the Dakar has it's remote shock thingy.

I thought the tunturo needed to be mounted vertically (?) so the scottoiler position isn't much use to you.

The ones I've seen have been mounted behind the rear footpegs or maybe on the chain guards?

Buzz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your helpful reply. Not bought Tutoro yet until I have looked at all the pros and cons.
Will be looking at the Scottoiler as well.
Cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is where I put my Tutoro. The chain and sprockets have done about 30k miles. It is on a GS but hope it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts