BMW F650 Forums banner

Trade in value....

Tags
trade
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  danbot 
#1 ·
I was bored on Saturday, so I managed to convince myself (and the missus) that I needed a new pair of boots, so I could pass a few hours in bike shops. I ended up in the BMW showroom on Park Lane to look at their gear, unfortunately the clothing section was closed for a stock take.

I started to have a look around the bikes and next thing I knew I was out test riding the F800st, F800gs and F650gs. My favourite was the new 650gs, it feels very similar to the my 05gs except the engine is a lot smoother and more powerful. In fact, it made my bike feel really slow and rough.

When I returned the bike I thought I might get a new bike, so I sat down the salesman and we talked through the bike and the accessories that I would want. The F650gs turned out to be over £7k with a decent spec (ABS, heated grips, top box etc.)

Here's the stupid part - I asked for a trade in on my 05gs, 13000 miles, full BMWSH, comfort package, scottoiler, top box. He said if I did a deal then he would give me £1950 on trade in!!

Needless to say that I have decided to keep mine for another year.

#2 ·
That will be the Salesman's way of saying that they don't want your bike!

The CAP Guide reckons that an 05 GS (with 9k showing) in good clean condition, is worth £2675 trade in & should sell for £3525. ABS adds approx £150, but anything else adds nothing.

Park Lane are not well known for their "bargains"! I'd suggest a wee trip out to Caterham on the Hill & have a look at SLM.

#3 ·
Yeah I would obviously sell it private and use a wad of cash to buy, but still I was surprised that it was worth so little in a trade-in.

When I bought mine I had the cash in my account and said I will buy now using my debit card if you agree to what I want. As I got up to leave they agreed.

Also, the salesman reckoned that the average mileage on a 06 f650gs was about 7000, that's less than 2500 a year.

#4 ·
few weeks ago got offered £3200 as a trade in by Rainbow in Rotherham, i have a 55 reg gs, 26tho on clock, in black with panniers so i guess they didnt want your bike. Oh the trade in was against a 1150 gs at £5000 so not bad, i just couldnt justify going from 70/75 mpg to 40 just for a bigger commuter.
I have a r1100s that does the low figures!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.