BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new catalogue and apart from it being filled with really tasty goodies it also shows the F650GS TT39 which is a bike they produce specially for "Challenging long distance journeys" but to the according the blurb, it "remains practical for your daily ride to work or on weekend tours". This is exactly the bike that BMW should have built in the first place - I want one right now!

You can get the catalogue by contacting Bracken or ordering from the German Touratceh site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TT39

Isn't that the most gorgeous bike ever!! I've just emailed to find out the cost - any guesses??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reckon you wouldn't get much change out of ?8000 - that puts you in the GS Adventure/KTM 950 Explorer range.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't got the catalogue, but are you referring the the version with the huge add-on tanks, which Lisa Thomas (from the F650GS owners page) is using on her 'Round-the-World' trip,as in this pic below?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lisa does have some of the mods but not all. I've just looked and it's not on the web-site only in the hard-copy catalogue.

It has nice black rims, black elkamet forks, carbon sump guard etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy Stoneman said:
It has nice black rims, black elkamet forks, carbon sump guard etc.
I suppose the Elkamet forks are 'super strong' just in case you ... Met an Elk ... on your travels. :whistle:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C'mon Trev - you never just though of that off-the-cuff - you've been waiting a while to use that one haven't you!!!!

I've searched the net and try as I might I can't find a decent piccy - and my catalogue is too dog-eared to scan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trev - that's a shocking abuse of the forum. If I can scan it, could I send it to you as a PDF to maybe put on the site?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone can put pics in with these forum messages, but if you *really* can't, please send a jpeg rather than a PDF.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trev - I can't figure out how to - I can see the Img button but it only appears to link to a url - how can we attach or link to an image our hard drive??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not from Hard-Drive sorry. Image has to be loaded to w-w-w first, to link into the forum messages. Instructions for anyone interested are in the "Help" forums.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Trev - I've registered with photobox - let's see if it worksd - it's one of darrens shots of the dales ride-out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The word "public" needs to be in the URL for an image to show, otherwise the picture can't be seen by us, but can be seen by you, as it's cached on your Hard-Drive. :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here it is courtesy of David Massheder. Sorry about the 'strange' line down the middle, but it's scanned across two pages.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I priced up some Touratech mods last year.
Extra fuel tanks, front forks, rear shock plus a bucket full of ancillaries - over ?6000 :doh:
Decided to like mine just the way it is (occassionally dipping into that bucket!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dribble dribble slobber. No wonder the catalogue is dog eared.
I was looking at the Touratech site and found 'AN ACCESSORY' with a price tag in excess of ?7.600. I think it was called a ' you keep your engine and frame and bin the rest and bolt this lot on'
I seem to remember it included a wicker hamper, ice bucket and champagne.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trev - I've sussed it as prooved on the lakes district ride-out thread (no it's not me in the pic!).

While watching Matrix Reloaded it came to me - I was linking the entire page that had the image and not the image itself - DOH!!!

Anyway - that Photobox site is way cool - cheaper than Jessops for prints too! - Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts