BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... in a good way, kind of.

Neutral light gave up the ghost on my CS about two months ago. It had always been a little temperamental, needing a little jiggle of the gear lever sometimes to get it to come on. However, two months ago it just stopped coming on completely, with not a hint of green light since.

Now tomorrow it's booked into SLM to get this and the horn fixed under warranty (both horn wires broken as the wiring loom is too damn tight, so when you put the steering lock on it pulled on the wires :doh: ). So I start her up this morning, put my helmet and gloves on, turn back to get on the bike and.... hang on a minute.... what's this funny green light on the dash :uhoh: Would you flippin' believe it? Two months of nothing and the day before it gets fixed.... it magically sorts itself out :think:

Now I'm not complaining, but I know full well that by Saturday, after SLM have told me there's nothing wrong with it.... it's gonna stop working again :wall:

If i didn't know better I'd swear this was a French made bike :roll:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your hand guards.

Hi. I notice that you've got hand guards fitted, I've considered some myself but the ones I seen look bulky, as though they'd interfere with the tank. What are yours like? do they keep your hand warm, how do thet fit around the levers & fluid reservoir?
Thanks
Andrew.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, standard GS handguards. They "just" touch the screen on full lock, but since they have some give in them this isn't a problem (they're not metal lined). Don't know how they would fit with a Funduro screen though :think:

Viewing the reservoir is tricky, but just possible. Plenty of clearance round the levers. Keeps the worst of the wind off the backs of my hands and combined with heated grips works very well. Doesn't take all the windblast off but you can get Touratech additional deflector plates should you wish.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim - don't worry - that's the tack I will be taking anyway - just unbelievable that it righted itself this morning :roll:

·
Registered
232 Posts
As you said, sod's law!!
I recently called the BMW car breakdown service; they came out, I took the mechanic for a drive in the car and he heard the noise that was worrying me, 30 seconds later the nosie had gone, so he could not diagnose what it was!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts