BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
after a period of rest the bike wont start.
I began with the plugs which don't produce a spark, checked the coils which have the correct resistance. went to the starter relay which is making a rapid clicking noise. electrics aren't my strong point but all terminals are clean and tight.

There's only a 1 volt drop between the battery and solenoid so i'm guessing that either a new relay or starter motor is called for.
any ideas at all please?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as i know it is. just connected the starter motor to my car battery directly and it didn't move so i'm guessing it needs to be replaced. i also took it to bits but couldn't find anything wrong (resistance between armature plates etc). baffled and i'd rather not spend £93 on a secondhand starter from motorworks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i think id take it to an auto electrical place ,that way they can test it and hopefully will be able to repair if necessary .

look in the yella pages if you dont know of any local too you .

cheers mike

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If it is the starter motor and you end up needing one have a word with Mal hes got loads of spares and may have what your after. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tips. I've taken the starter, ICU and voltage regulator off so i can take them somewhere on monday for testing. Which brings me to another issue, why can't people in the yellow pages answer their phones. i tried 6 ads, only one answered and despite his ad mentioning 24/7 callout service he didn't want to do anything until wednesday next week. all the others have not returned my message. are these guys so rich they don't want the business?

·
Registered
722 Posts
>>>>have a word with Mal hes got loads of spares<<< Thanks for the advert Mike :not worthy:
Starters and solenoids. ICU's etc. :howdy: 30% off you know who. :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.