BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 F650GS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm selling my 2003 F650GS after having upsized to an 1150.

Bike is in very good condition, and has spent most of its life in a garage hardly being used.

Located in Bristol, UK.

In the first 4-5 years of its life it covered ~12.5k miles, after which it was garaged and pretty much unused for about 10 years. It was then recommissioned with new tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Trail), fork oil and seals, fluids etc just before being sold to myself about 12 months ago.

I've covered ~2.5k on it in the last year, it's been almost like having a brand new bike!

OEM heated grips work beautifully.

Since I've had it I've added:
  • LED auxiliary lights, wired in via relay to switch on handlebars
  • RCU Aluminium light bar to mount lights above (very nice)
  • Genuine BMW Tank Bag, plastic window nice and clear, no yellowing
  • Givi Monokey pannier rack
  • New plastic windscreen, much better for wind noise than the original
  • New rubber seal around fuel pump, old one had been installed badly and cracked.
  • Oil + Filter change recently, plus 12 months MOT

Bike comes with original BMW top box (in some of the photos) which opens with the ignition key.

My ownership has been documented in a couple of videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz3...QjziuegOz0KcCg -- I've only taken it on a green lane once (see video), and managed to not fall off or drop it! Great bike for green lanes, weight is nice and low. I would recommend more knobbly tyres for mud though...

This was my first "big" bike, but as a rather tall chap I've been tempted to upsize to a big 1150, hence the sale. Otherwise it's been a great bike to get used to doing a bit of 2-up riding etc. Sad to see it go, but nowhere to keep it in the long term.

Looking for £2700 or best offer.

I appreciate not everyone wants the tank bag, so happy to do a deal without it and sell it separately.

Similarly I have a pair of Givi Trekker 33L panniers (though they're Aprilia-branded) which fit the rack, happy to sell these separately or do a deal...

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Alex

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts