BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna remove the chain guard/mud guard thingie on the f650 funduro. i made a mod to the saddlebags and the chain guard gets in the way

has anyone tried to ride without chain guard? will dirt and shit get thrown everywhere without it? (on normal road use)

does it play any role in safety?

thanks

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i wanna remove the chain guard/mud guard thingie on the f650 funduro. i made a mod to the saddlebags and the chain guard gets in the way

has anyone tried to ride without chain guard? will dirt and shit get thrown everywhere without it? (on normal road use)

does it play any role in safety?

thanks
In the UK it's a requirement for the MOT, well it was when my road going C15 trials failed its MOT with out one . Some may correct me if not case now?

Without chain guard lubricant will get flung up to your saddlebags , also unlikely chain will break, but if it does been quite a few nasty injuries

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the UK it's a requirement for the MOT, well it was when my road going C15 trials failed its MOT with out one . Some may correct me if not case now?

Without chain guard lubricant will get flung up to your saddlebags , also unlikely chain will break, but if it does been quite a few nasty injuries
But you're supposed to wipe the lube off after applying it...

Maybe i should make a alluminium one that will suit my needs shouldn't be hard

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
But you're supposed to wipe the lube off after applying it...

Maybe i should make a alluminium one that will suit my needs shouldn't be hard
Unless you wipe it almost all off gonna get some flung off, plus OEM chain guard also hold rear wheel hugger, that stops rain , road debris being flung up on bike and you, plus panniers .
Have a look at after market chain guards, give you few ideas before,you make your own

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you wipe it almost all off gonna get some flung off, plus OEM chain guard also hold rear wheel hugger, that stops rain , road debris being flung up on bike and you, plus panniers .
Have a look at after market chain guards, give you few ideas before,you make your own
Its that bad??? I guess i gotta listen to you guys after all you're from the uk lol. It almost never rains here so I don't really have to deal with that kind of stuff, did a tank without the chainguard and bike is pretty clean, i wanna dry next time when the road is wet to see how bad it is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts