BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after a mini road atlas which is detailed enough to show minor single track B Roads and small enough to carry on the bike. All the ones Ive seen just show 'primary' routes. Does anyone know of a good mini one which I can jam in my pocket?

And no - I wont buy a GPS! (although I do have a Touratech GPS bar mount for a Garmin Street Pilot III which Im sticking on ebay soon....)

Cheers

G

·
Don't know if this is small enough, I suppose it depends on how big your pockets are!

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product.asp?ProductID=98&ProductName=The%20World's%20Strongest%20Map%20UK

Dave

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Worlds strongest map doesn't have the detail you want. You would have to carry a large map book or bite the bullet and get a GPS. :think: PB

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an A-Z brand UK atlas which is about A5 size that has very good details including the junction designs so you know where you can get on or off a junction on a motorway and where you can't: got caught out once or twice with that one with other atlases.
The B and C road detail is all there as well. It would be a bit big for most pockets but fits the big one my jacket has at the back. I just use it at stops to check the route and write out the details on a sheet of paper placed in the window on my tankbag (or in a poly bag taped to my tank if I don't have luggage with me).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fletch said:
Im after a mini road atlas which is detailed enough to show minor single track B Roads and small enough to carry on the bike. All the ones Ive seen just show 'primary' routes. Does anyone know of a good mini one which I can jam in my pocket?

And no - I wont buy a GPS! (although I do have a Touratech GPS bar mount for a Garmin Street Pilot III which Im sticking on ebay soon....)

Cheers
I combine a GPS :) and Anquet digital mapping ( Complete set of Ordance Survey maps for the UK ) for journeys that involve B and C roads due to the fact I can custom print the OS maps sections I need.

For when I do get lost , I use the eTrex to establish the grid position, and then follow my nose again. :)

Have found very few pocket maps have the detail required to go "off the beaten track" they seem designed for numpties who can't read road signs on Dual Carrigeways ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts