BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing some routine chain maintenance on my 2014 G650GS. I noticed a little play between the hub and rubber absorbers. I have a friend that has an identical motorcycle and there is no detectable play. So, I took the wheel off and removed the sprocket and carrier and inspected the rubber absorbers. They looked fine to me. I tried to find information on this in the manual but could not find anything so I reassembled and reinstalled the wheel. I have just over 20,000 kms on the bike and it rides fine. Heck this could have been like this since new and I just never noticed it. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I was doing some routine chain maintenance on my 2014 G650GS. I noticed a little play between the hub and rubber absorbers. I have a friend that has an identical motorcycle and there is no detectable play. So, I took the wheel off and removed the sprocket and carrier and inspected the rubber absorbers. They looked fine to me. I tried to find information on this in the manual but could not find anything so I reassembled and reinstalled the wheel. I have just over 20,000 kms on the bike and it rides fine. Heck this could have been like this since new and I just never noticed it. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Well now, I found the answer to my question on You Tube!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSSg-CcTXuk&t=176s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts