BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several people have expressed an interest in having a go at off-roading. Me and Dazco went out a couple of weeks ago and it was fun (I fell off, he didn't :oops: ).

Anyway, anybody fancy signing up for a full day at it ?

I suggest the Peak District (Bakewell area if you want to look on a map).

Now, I'm not holding myself up as any kind of expert, I've only been doing it for six months and I'll almost certainly fall off !

There will be no racing, no pressure to go faster than you want and no sneering at the back markers (that's for the plastic rocket brigade).

Bring sandwiches and lots of water (it'll be hot, sweaty work) and let's make a day of it :riding:

·
Registered
440 Posts
ill try my best to to turn up, (be worth it just to hear you swearing if you come off) :riding:
Ive found lots more nice and steady lanes, no boulder hopping etc etc.
So anyone new to the loose stuff should enjoy it.
Im more than sure that we could do a full days ride :cool: round the peaks and it would be nice to put some faces to names.
I dont know if ill be on the 1100 or the 650 :whistle: .
Come on get your names down, and like Bob says therll be no racing or taking the pi**.

Just some pics to wet your appetite :riding:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm certainly throwing my name in to the "very very interested" pile. Those photos look fantastic (nothing too hard-core, just a distinct lack of tarmac - ideal). :)

I'll almost certainly end up dropping the bike, but I really want to have a go.

So what's the plan? Is there a set distance we'd be likely to ride? And are road tyres / semi-off-road tyres going to be able to cope?

Cheers :dance:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tyres on Dazco's 1150 are a lot more off road style than mine, maybe that's why I can't keep up (any excuse will do :whistle: )
I've got Anakee tyres on my F650 which really look like road tyres but with bigger than normal gaps between the blocks. The only thing they can't cope with is wet mud, but that is very difficult to deal with whatever tyres you have on, we'll just try and avoid it. For the gentler trails full road tyres will be OK, it's mostly just a mix of loose gravel and grass.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Don't think I'd better come along on the Scarver somehow :mrgreen:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well thats one definate so far plus me and Bob. Cheers Ben
Come on theres gotta be more folk from this neck of the woods that want to see some fine scenery off road :dance:
Have to sort a date out. next weekend is a definate no for me. :uhoh:
Id be looking at 7th, 8th July(sat, sun) Either day, or the weekend after thats the 14th and 15th.
We will have to try the trails first Bob with Road tyres fitted, so that will mean me being on the Funduro :roll:
SO COME ON you others from up here, get yer name down and have some fun(duro) :roll:
See ya
Daz :riding:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
July 7th/8th looks good to me.
As for road tyres, I'm sure that most of the trails we did the other week would be OK, except for that bloody mud slide that had me off :doh:
C'mon folks - sign up here, let's have a good laugh..

G

·
I can do either day.

Come on guys any more takers?

(I took my funduro up a very muddy track at the weekend and managed to stay upright although it got a bit slippy every now and again. :riding: )

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the "nudge" Biker Bob (lowered 650gs thread). Have only been riding since March, however - and am too chicken / girly to try anything off-road yet! :oops:

·
Registered
440 Posts
ok sorted weekend 7th or 8th July(Weather permitting, bit wet at the minute :whistle: )and ill be on the 650 :riding: , be concidered cheeting otherwise :dance:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm in! :cool:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great ! That makes four of us now I think ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are you all happy leaving it floating as Saturday or Sunday so we can pick the best day nearer the time for the best weather? :riding:
Im going to try and get out this coming weekend(probably Sunday) to sus some more routes out, you up for it Bob :cool:
Plus i can try the Funduro out and see how it handles on the rough stuff.
Wish i had some knobblies fitted :doh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just found out I can only get a dog-sitter for the Saturday (Sunday might be possible but it's going to be very tricky for me to make it). Just thought I'd let you know. :howdy:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dazco said:
Im going to try and get out this coming weekend(probably Sunday) to sus some more routes out, you up for it Bob :cool:
No can do mate, me and a mate are of to Snowdonia tomorrow :dance:
We'll be plying our way around the old drovers trails and slate quarry roads.
I can do either day on the weekend in question, but if Aloeus can only do Saturday, then no probs.
Weather wise though, I do think we all need to agree to check this thread on the Friday before so we can make a decision at that point - what do you think?

·
Registered
440 Posts
yeah ok will check weather on the Friday and make the decision from there.
ill be out and about this weekend checking some routes out for us.
You fancy meeting up for a pint over your way before hand to check route?

G

·
I can do either day so if Aloeus can only do Saturday, that's fine.

If we say Saturday I can keep the missus happy by leaving Sunday free for family stuff. She was a bit miffed when I say we needed to leave the whole weekend free.

Is that okay with everyone else?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's looking like saturday is the favourite then... no worries
Daz(co) would love to meet for a pint and a run up but I'm off to Snowdonia tomorrow and won't be back until next Tuesday. Maybe we could take a raincheck (literally I should think) until next week :howdy:

·
Registered
440 Posts
yeah im fine with making it Saturday.
How about meeting in Bakewell for a cuppa to start with around 9.30 ish.
then a nice steady ride to the first off roady bits :dance:
Ben if youre coming down the M1 i can meet just off J31 :riding:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts