BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to see to buy 2005 г. f 650 cs. There is a problem with the motorcycle. After starting the engine, the oil lamp does not go out and the motorcycle stops working after about 10-12 seconds. This happens after each try to start. Many repairs were just before this problem, the bike has traveled 100 km and turned off.Is there electronic protection to turn off the engine due to low oil pressure or is there a possibility of another damage.The engine has no bad sounds. I will be glad to know if there is protection and if anyone has encountered a similar problem. Regards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the oil lamp does not go out that could be really bad. Or it could just be a faulty oil pressure switch.
I had a look at the BMSC circuitry on the Crossroadz site. The engine management unit does no seem to get any inputs from the oil pressure sensor.
The only way to really know what is going on is to read the engine codes and data with a GS911 code reader.
You could check the oil pressure by unscrewing the oil pressure switch and fitting an oil pressure guage but it would take a bit more time than just a quick look at the bike .
Without reading fault codes it is probably best to walk away from that one.
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the oil lamp does not go out that could be really bad. Or it could just be a faulty oil pressure switch.
I had a look at the BMSC circuitry on the Crossroadz site. The engine management unit does no seem to get any inputs from the oil pressure sensor.
The only way to really know what is going on is to read the engine codes and data with a GS911 code reader.
You could check the oil pressure by unscrewing the oil pressure switch and fitting an oil pressure guage but it would take a bit more time than just a quick look at the bike .
Without reading fault codes it is probably best to walk away from that one.
Pete
Thanks,whether I will be able to diagnose or I will move away from this.It is obvious that the motorcycle has another problem besides the oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Pressure switches known to fail, that's best option. oil returning to tank when it does run ? If not I would walk away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know about the oil sensor, but the engine runs for 10 seconds and goes out.It is clear that it is not the oil problem, but more likely the oil problem is a consequence of another more serious problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have had two oil pressure sensors fail on my bike. I get new ones from an auto parts shop.
As far as the engine only running for a few seconds, sounds like one of the sensors the ECU relies on to monitor then motor operation has failed. Could be a stuck Throttle Position sensor, faulty Oxygen sensor, or faulty water temperature readings.
The easiest way it to borrow/beg a GS911 to find out.
Otherwise tell the owner to get it fixed then you will have a look at it when it is actually working well
pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The seller is bored with repairs and therefore sells it, at half the market price in this state. I just wanted to know what can be expected from thisp problem.Thank you all for the answers. It remains to be decided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts