BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as per the title i'm new to the forum but not new to bikes, i had an unavoidable road accident some years back & lost my balls (only in terms of confidence :uhoh:) & got into off road riding/enduros however with 40 looming i've always wanted to visit the Pyrenees & with everything on a budget i've recently bought (from a forum member) a 97 F650 thats suffered accident damage to the headlight/upper fairing so i'm looking for the following:
Headlamp & surround
Upper Fairing/s (indicators are the 97> non moulded housing type?)
support frame for the clocks
ignition barrell (doesn't have to have a key can be damaged as just need the housing with switch at the bottom)

less essential
Tall front screen, decent rear tyre (tourance or similar)

Please contact me if you've got any of these available & if you've got any major do's & don'ts regarding riding/walking in the Pyrenees as i'm only just researching it now, kind regards AL

·
Registered
407 Posts
hello

Welcome to the forum. I hope you manage to get the repairs to your bike done quickly - spring is just around the corner.

Regarding the parts you need have a look on e-bay there are always F650s being broken for spares

ZD

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good roads in the Pyrennees, also cheaper than France. Police very sympathetic to bikes. Only problems we had were near police stations which had heavy electromagnetic fields to interfere with terrorist detonation devices. Played havoc with alarms and immobilisers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
parts wanted f650

Many thanks for your replies fellas! i'll stay on the hunt for parts & no doubt be back on for technical advice later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts