BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am not surprised that so many people manage to find this forum. But I am suprised by how people come in and sometimes it would be nice that new members tell something about themselves instead of firing questions at everyone before you know anything about them. I always like answering questions if I can but I would be rather surprised if somebody quickly opened the door from our house and asked me all sorts of questions without me even knowing them. How do others feel about this? I have looked many forums but I also seem to find the FAQ or resources or technical info very easily but some new members have a bit of a problem with this . And I must say that this site must be one of the easiest to find loads of info without to many problems. Why is finding the forum so easy but finding the FAQ so difficult?

Ton

·
may contain nuts
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ian
Yes some people come into the forum and start asking soo much but the FAQ is so easy to find and has soo much info. How do we get people to look at info so easily to find?

Ton

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It shouldn't have to become the first automatic message to new members I hope.

Please look at Chain Gang FAQ first which is in the right hand corner of your screen

Ton

·
Nursey
60 Posts
I've moved this into the comments section, and there are some excellent suggestions here

Will make sure it gets seen by Dave so we can look at how we can make sure members get the best out of the site

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
We send the following email to all new members:

Dear $username,

Thanks for registering at $vboptions[bbtitle]! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
$vboptions[bbtitle]
We send the following PM to all new members:

Hi,
I'd like to personally welcome you to the BMW F650 Forums.
I hope you find this a really great site. It doesn't really matter what bike you have (or even if you haven't), you'll still be made very welcome here.
We pride ourselves on being a family orientated site, that you would feel comfortable reading sitting next to your children (or gran!) and as such we have some rules and guidance that we'd like you to follow.
Please do take the time to read them it will only take a couple of minutes.
http://www.f650.co.uk/forums/view.php?pg=terms_and_conditions
(Let me know if the link doesn't work as sometimes we tidy up and forget to change it.) :)

Feedback is always welcome, good or bad. We can't improve if we don't know what you're thinking so please do drop me or one of the moderators a line at any point or post in the Suggestions forum.
http://www.f650.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

If you like the site then please spread the word and tell your friends.

Lastly if you ever need to get hold of me at any time just reply to this PM.

Kind regards,
Dave
(DaveS - Site Owner)
Either can be changed to whatever you want. We can have a "New Users" thread and I can include it in either of these comms.
Just let me know what you want.
Cheers
Dave

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
I'm not sure if this means I need to do anything, but if it does let me know what it is I need to do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts