BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from South Wales, just picked up my 2010 twin which is my first BMW. Already read some great information on the forum so thank you to all.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hi all from South Wales, just picked up my 2010 twin which is my first BMW. Already read some great information on the forum so thank you to all.
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, read the twins are pretty rated, my personal experience of singles.
As already found out some good info here, we are pretty friendly if ask us too, enjoy riding while the good weather holds, some good rides your way, enjoyed many myself in my youth, hail from Bristol.

Reactions: Dixy

·
Registered
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 8V 2011, BMW F650CS 2002
2 Posts
Hi everybody,

Confession time... I'm not actually from the UK, though I've lived there for a short while. I'm Dutch and I've lived most of my life in the Netherlands. So, I hope that isn't an issue. The site's name rather seems to imply - probably unintentionally - that this is strictly UK-based F650 owners territory. I hope it isn't. ;)

Somewhere in this week I will buy my first BMW F650CS. It's not my first motorcycle, nor my first BMW, but it will be the first medium-sized all-road motorcycle for me. I remember when these were introduced into the market, and I was thinking that this could actually become a success. Turns out it wasn't.

Fast forward twenty-odd years. I have rediscovered the F650CS while I was looking for a reliable, light-weight and fairly modern motorcycle for my wife. She's finally decided to have a go at her license and I want to give her every possible chance to practice and, if possible, succeed.

This means I'm studying hard to find out everything there is to know about this bike. Known issues, what to look for when buying a second-hand F650CS, etc. Coming to a forum like this has turned out to be a success for me before. Some of the people on here could probably give a pro-mechanic a run for his money, I'm willing to bet. :cool:

Maybe we'll meet some of you in the future. We tend to go to the UK whenever we can for our holidays. If you see a couple riding leisurely on a sienna-coloured Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V, you've probably found us. You're welcome to say hi!

Cheers!
Conan Miller

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Don't think it's too much if a deal where you are, few guys here from. All f rom worldrom all over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts