BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Over the weekend I took my Funduro on some off road trails for the 1st time since owning the bike from 1995. I was blown away by how well the bike handled. It did much better than a lot of the new bikes.

Unfortunately, I cracked the dashboard of my F650 and have tried BMW, Motorbins & Motorworks. Unfortunately this part is no longer available new. I wonder if anyone has a spare or know where I could source one.

Thank you!

Sam

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Sam, as a temporary measure you could glue it back together. Super Glue mixed with Bicarbonate of Soda is a great glue for plastics. I used to repair a rotopax tank that had a hole worn in it years ago and it is as tough as.
Just mix super glue with bicarb until you get a past, use it very fast. Only mix a little at a time and as I say use it really fast as it goes off quick and gets hot. You could drill a couple of holes and wire the dash back together or cable tie it then glue it. It should work until you get a new one. Or just sand the repair and paint it and forget buying a new dash.
Good luck
Pete

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 96 funduro. I love it. 95% of my riding is on gravel/mud roads and forestry tracks. I use full knobby tyres and it handles it really well.
Good luck sourcing parts.
Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I just noticed! I see you have changed your tank and lifted the mud guard. Your bike looks well looked after. I have fitted Bridgestone A41 50 50 tires on mine and was really surprised how the bike handled off road considering the short travel suspension and the 19 in front. Nonetheless I might dial down this type of riding after my experience last weekend lol. Thanks again Pete for the tips!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts