BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone fancy an F650 trip to the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham?

Maybe riders who live near each other could travel together, all meet up at the museum for a bit of lunch, and then have a wander around in the afternoon.

I?m happy to act as organiser on this and liaise with the museum for discounts and maybe a group lunch.

Please post here if you fancy it so that I can get an idea of numbers ? if there?s enough interest we can agree a date (end August/early Sept?) and go from there.

Non F650 riders will also be welcome (have to say that or hubby can?t come!). Also, if you want to bring the family, no problem with coming by car either..............just please park around the back away from the bikes!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I should be able to attend, I have a house in Selly Oak which always requires working on, so I can make a weekend of it.
Regards
Dave

·
Registered
346 Posts
Could be tempted... I've been talking about organising a day trip up there with a couple of friends down here in south Wales, so there's always the possibility of accidentally making the two coincide! ;)

Complete tangent: Are you the same Chrystal Tipps who posts on ACF?

·
Registered
346 Posts
"Another Cycling Forum", believe it or not. :cool:

You obviously have a doppleganger! :think:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm interested, just depends on dates. :think:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds good,if i can make it maybe someone can tell me if my bike is a dog or not. Bythe way Philo where in newport are you , as your the first reply i've seen on here from S Wales even though there are a lot of owners in the S Wales area(from since i've been a owner) :?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, will be intrested if the dates do not clash with my shifts. September will probably be better and easier to get time off work if needed :dance:

Cheers

SHOTROCK :riding:

·
Registered
80 Posts
ncm

Sounds like a good trip to me, depends on when you are thinking but in principle yes I would be interested in joining up.

Sage

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's nice to see so much interest in this! :dance:

If anyone has any dates which they really want to avoid, please let me know either by posting here or by email, so that I can pick a day which suits everyone :big grin:

·
Registered
517 Posts
September 9th / 10th or 16th / 17th are good for me. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just been told by better half that MOTdue end of month (aug) :doh: so put bike in early so should be ok by then

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mush said:
Just been told by better half that MOTdue end of month (aug) :doh: so put bike in early so should be ok by then
Better make sure it passes then - don't want any last minute hitches :uhoh:

Glencoeman, brassmonkey - nice to have you on board too :big grin:

·
Registered
409 Posts
hmmm that'll be a nice rideout then M54 then M6 :roll: , shame they couldnt of located it somewhere a bit more scenic :whistle: , hopefully ill make it tho will know for sure nearer the time .

:howdy: mike

·
Registered
881 Posts
michael d said:
hmmm that'll be a nice rideout then M54 then M6 :roll: , shame they couldnt of located it somewhere a bit more scenic :whistle: , hopefully ill make it tho will know for sure nearer the time .

:howdy: mike
We could always stick to the A5 instead of the M54. That'll bring back some memories. Have you ever tried to get from one side of Telford to the other without going on the motorway? I heard some Nazi paratroops landed there in WW2 and are still trying to find a way out!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.