BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, new to the site having just bought my 1st Dakar.

I'm based in Cleethorpes, Lincs and would like to know if there are any local meets or rideouts in this area....?

cheers

Andy

G

·
Hi Andy.....I am just outside Kings Lynn and have also just aquired a 2004 Dakar. I would also be interested in meets or ride outs in this area.
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi fellas, I am not so far from Thetford so it wouldn't be a huge stretch to reach you. I have been considering proposing a F.L.O.G. (Flat Land Owners Group) affiliation with the S.L.O.G. for a little while.

Any one else out there interested in loosely organised, every so often ride outs?

We have plenty of places to go across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire and beyond.

We could even open it up to people who don't have 2004 Dakars :big grin:

Add your post if you would be interested, I don't mind organising it on an informal basis.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve and Tricky, love the sound of the FLOG !

I've only ridden about 100 miles on the Dakar so far as I've had a broken hand, but so far I'm liking it a lot.

Had allsorts of bikes in the past but have finally realised my dream in the bimmer. My last, ahem, bike was a 250 Suzuki Burgman and whilst you stop laughing, I'll go on to explain that its served me very well, 1500 miles around Scotland last year, Orkneys, Skye, Glencoe, never missed a beat, and the guys at work sponsored me on how far I would get, raised funds for unicef. Got the touring bug and even made it to Charlie Boormans ' By Any Means' send off ride out to London, 500 mile round trip for me! smallest bike and travelled the longest distance! to me, thats what biking is all about, just getting up one day and going for it, so the prospect of rideouts on the Bm sound great. Count me in.

G

·
Sounds like we may have something going here........I would be happy to help with organising etc.

Anyone else out there interested

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.