BMW F650 Forums banner

LIDL bargains for the cheap biker.

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  GMR-Staffs 
#1 ·
Next Thursday (I think) sees the return of the cheap biking gear at LIDL's.

The selection includes jackets, trousers, helmets, boots, gloves, tank bags and baclavas (turkish desert I think!) all at very good prices.

All items are shown on their website, so take a look if your still paying off your Christmas credit card bill!

Regards.

#4 ·
michael d said:
i see they have the magnetic tankbag , especially suitable for the 650 gs apparently :whistle: :deal: :scratch:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070308.p.Magnetic_Tank_Rucksack.ar3

Looks like some good value items there , will be having a look at least ;)
They always seem to adevrtise the magnetic tank bag on the gs - someone should tell them plastic isnt magnetic!!!

A mate of mine bought the boots last year and said they were very good, so might be a bargin for someone?!

#5 ·
I was the first into our local store and got some boot liners (water/wind proof for £2.99), a thermal shirt and a first aid kit. Plenty of people heading straight to the bike bits, so they'll probably all be gone by tomorrow.

Previously I've got a set of tough maps from them (before the GPS), along with a back protector.

G
#8 ·
Lidle just 400 yards from my house.

Got the socks at £2.99 and a couple of first aid kits also at £2.99 each.

Fantastic value. The socks are great... had 'em on all day, on mi 'bike, comfy. The first aid kit is great value even if I never have to use it!

Nowt else I wanted... :think:

Micky

#10 ·
rjk555rjk said:
You chaps have saved me £££s - thanks! Went to Lidl on way home from work, got me gloves, jacket, trousers and a disc lock - all for £100. Or, what I was going to spend on a jacket alone.

Cheers!!

Richard.
Richard,

If you want to feel really smug get yourself along to Hein Gericke, your new suit is identical to their Journey outfit costing well over £250. Even the labels are the same except for yours are green and grey whereas HG's are red and grey.
Tip for the future, LIDL do the odd car park sale. Advertised only on small posters at the store.
They open up large boxes of unsold stock on the car park and it's like a jumble sale with staff making up silly prices on the spot.
I picked up the same suit last year for £20.
There were at least 20 other suits and loads of other biking stuff.
People were filling trolleys to the brim with just about anything and paying £40 to £60 for the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.