BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I mentioned some time ago about a possible slight hesitation in my new twin spark.

I now have 4000 miles on her and had her in Hursts on Thursday. They found no fault!!!!!! :wall:

They suggested that I maybe have picked up on something that is in all the twin sparks.

Anyway, intermittently I get a very slight hesitation when changing between the lower gears or on slow manouvers e.g in a car park. I have even had this once or twice pulling out at road ends. It is like the bike has missed a heartbeat, not really a missfire, not really a stall, just when you turn the throttle there is nothing for a microsecond, just long enough to make you want to put a foot down.

I would appreciate it if all you twin spark owners would keep an eye out for this on your own bikes, maybe Hursts are right.

I have been acused of being Mr Fussy from fussyville who lives in a fussy house, where my bikes are concerned and I am inclined to pick up on things that are barely noticeable. Maybe it is just me!!!!!

Thanks
Michael.

·
Registered
488 Posts
carphone,

Haven't had anything like that with Mellow Yellow (yet).
Fingers crossed. PB. 2148 miles & counting :think:

G

·
Mike just to confirn you're not entering the colourful world of madness - I have noticed the same - a very slight hesitation before the throttle kicks in....

·
Registered
7 Posts
carphone

i have noticed on a few ocasions something similar hapening
on my 04 Dakar, has only happened to me when changing from
first to second, i had put it down to not getting back on the throttle
hard enough and the engine expecting more rev's.

is happening less now than when i first got the bike (bout 3 months now)
so perhaps im adjusting to the bike ?

Brian

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe Brian, I get it quite often between gears. It initially looks like BMW haven't got their fuel injection quite right yet!!!!

Mike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed it on my twin spark RS 1150 - particularly as I'd just got rid of a VFR which was silky smooth. I think it's just a question of keeping the revs up. I agree that you modify your use of the throttle to compensate. (When I'm stationary I just imagine I'm Valentino waiting for the start.. well, we can all imagine can't we? Just don't do what he did at Rio last w/e...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.