BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, :howdy:

I've belonged to the US Chain Gang board for quite a while. I thought I would join you guys too.

My question is that I hear there are some places in Europe where you can make a deal and buy a bike and the shop will buy it back for 80 percent of what you paid after your trip. I'm thinking of doing a 1 to 2 month trip and thought this might the way to go since renting would be pretty expensive.

Anyone heard of these or know places you can do this?

Bryan
'02 650GS

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bobcatou,

welcome,
never heard of that either, but wouldn't it be easier to buy one second hand hand sell it again? Or how about shipping yours across, 20% new price (your expected loss) would easily get your own bike into a shipping container and waiting for you on your arrival - and what's better than touring Europe on your own pride and joy?

logan

(uhh, talking about it, did a trip to Delft (Holland) over the weekend... freeeezing cold!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...Shipping might be the best thing. Going to cost about $2700 to do it round trip though...OUCH

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi :howdy: and welcome

I've never heard of a dealer making such a formal arrangement to sell and buy back, but it would be easy enough to pick up something second hand and sell it before you leave. You could do the same with a new bike, but you'd lose a fair bit of money when you sold it at the end of your trip.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Europe - where and when are you planning to visit?

G

·
:howdy: Hi Bobcatou

If you're over here for upwards of two months it'll probably be best, and most cost effective, to ship your own 'bike across.

Let us know when you're coming....

·
Registered
722 Posts
HI Bryan
What size bike are you looking for?
Have you contacted any of the shippers in Jacksonville FL. a lot of vehicles are shipped to europe from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts