BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Al, this morning I had never ridden a BMW 650. Looking through various selling sites I happened upon something called a 650 CS which looked like a good deal so I bought it after watching a few vidz and doing a bit of
reading.
It's now home and I rather like it..19 years old and only 10,000 miles.
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi Al, welcome from North Yorkshire too, im on the coast. i find the 650 is great for the roads here, handles well and if enough stomp for the a and b roads. Good forum with lots of knowledge and friendly people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Al, welcome from North Yorkshire too, im on the coast. i find the 650 is great for the roads here, handles well and if enough stomp for the a and b roads. Good forum with lots of knowledge and friendly people.
Thanks for the welcome, I really like it so far. It is (feels) so light weight and compared to my other big 500cc singles has plenty of stomp indeed.
I was a little surprised at the tendency to fall into slow turns at a junction but that just makes it more fun...
Look out for me, the scarver isn't exactly inconspicuous :D
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
106 Posts
will say hello if i spot you in Scarbados, dont be surprised if im on a 1960s mobylette, not exactly inconpsicous either. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome aboard. I too from North Yorkshire.
I live York but hail from Scarborough, haven't been for over a year now, lock down and work.
I have a 650GS. But just realised writing this that I am a BM collector. The 650GS needs sorting as it lived outside with its previous owner and ongoing project but looking well. I use a G310GS as my daily commute and have a R65 which was my late Dads.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Small world, like you i have an old airhead a 1976 R60. Guess the bike shops like Dowsons and Andrews must have got under our skin, plus the back room of the Alma 😊

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haha you are right. I spent time there and at Andrews, I used to have my KH250 and 400 fettled down at Dawtune. But saw the light when I had to commute to Whitby on them before I killed myself on them. I used to love that race home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts