BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have just acquired a 1997 Strada. I am hoping to find all the answers to many problems that i will endure in getting this baby back on the road. The old girl is in a very reasonable condition considering her age age and mileage of 100000 Km's. I have been an avid motorcycle and car fan since owning my first motorcycle at the age of 11. A 1966 Triumph Tiger that was disposed of by a cousin who had bought it but could never get it started. Having had a father who belonged to the MG club of South Africa and did the rebuilding of motors for other club members, I quickly learned about engines and the auto electrics that were part of it. Before I started school I would either be under the car loosening bolts that the old man had pre loosened or cleaning up old greasy motors before they were rebuilt. The Tiger had no ignition spark but to my cousins amazement, i located the fault (Broken Wire) in the magneto and repaired it. The wire had been chaffed as far as I recall. I thought that he would take the bike back, but he had just bought himself a brand new Bonneville. I hope to add a few fixes for other members that are stuck with problems on these bikes.

Thanks
Kev

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hi Kev,

welcome me to the forum, you sound experienced around bikes:-D
you will find us a helpful bunch, plenty of info here from the early start of these bikes, like yours.
may have spotted lot of spam bots, phishing on various posting, happening last 8 months or so. Admin appear to be dormant until last week when posted were looking at Possible new site, with improvements etc
stick with us it's an invaluable. Site

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pension Advice Made Simple
It’s time to consolidate, reduce costs, and improve your investment. Our expert’s impartial pension advice will help you gain a greater understanding of your pension, giving you peace of mind for the future.
Pension Advice Derby

·
Registered
5 Posts
CAR DIAGNOSTICS AND ACCESSORIES
Car mechanics reveal the 20 automotive tools they couldn't live without, including a battery-powered impact wrench, an air ratchet, a bolt spinner and an automotive stethoscope. car battery charger

·
Registered
5 Posts
At Bindley Properties our passion is exceeding client expectations, so it's only natural we align ourselves with exceptional real estate professionals to serve clients across the globe. It's why we don't simply have agents, but rather, trusted advisors to guide clients through their home journey with precise knowledge, distinguished care ... and a bit of fun. www.bindleyproperties.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fab Freebies
Part of Infigo Media Group Ltd, Fab Freebies launched in early 2020 with the sole intention of providing the best freebies, free samples, free to enter competitions and ways to earn money to our users.
We add new offers and competitions every day, which you can browse through using our uniquely user friendly website. We hope you enjoy receiving all your new free stuff! Freebies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to Canadian International School
At CIS, we celebrate both our internationalism and the uniqueness of over 70 nationalities represented among our students and staff.
We’re proud of the reputation we’ve established for the range and rigour of our academic offerings, the outstanding quality of our school facilities, and perhaps most importantly the care and attention we provide to each of our students – from nursery to grade 12. International school singapore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts