BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone got a GS with switchable lights ?
Some police spec bikes have switchable lights on the right hand switch gear has anyone got a picture ?
Thanks

·
R.I.P.
6,931 Posts
I fitted a switch to my GS, so that I could run on Side Light only, plus the string of LEDs that I fitted along the front of my Hand Guards.

Two different women drivers pulled out in front of me, giving the reason, "you flashed me to come out", when in fact I had simply been riding on cr*p London roads!

The row of LEDs across the front of the bike had many people looking at me & several bikers flashing their lights to tell me my headlight was not working, BUT, no one pulled out on me again!

Simple toggle switch attached to the handlebars & some Dave Wilkins wiring sorted it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dosent matter if the lights on or not. They just give some bull to hide the fact they shouldnt be driving. The fact they sit and look at you then pull out. Why? That happened to me.
I also want to fit a switch. The reason is the lights being on can cause problems for other road users judging you speed and size. I discussed this with a bike policeman on a recent bikesafe talk and he agreed. They can help but they also prove to be a problem. The other side to this is if you battery starts to fail you can switch the lights off and save what power you have to run the ECU and fuel pump. Had to do this before on another bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts