BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a lovely meet-up again. Me and my trusty Scarver were once again made very welcome at this excellent annual event. A special thanks to Mike Wright who (with a gentleman who's name I didn't catch) helped lift my bike off my muddied self when I toppled over on arrival at the campsite (my lace had caught on a bungee hook as I was getting off... :doh: ) The heavy rain didn't spoil the weekend one bit! Sorry I didn't get the chance to say farewell on the Sunday, Mike, I had a sore head :whistle:

See you soon, and once again I thoroughly recommend you put next years Princetown bash in your diaries.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Great to see you and you won a prize in the raffle!... I called out your number!........... It was a good laugh wasnt it and great company.

Jim was the other guy and the tall chap was Gary who helped. Any time your near my area feel free to drop in and if needed theres a room free of course. So what did you win? :-D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mike, I won a Dunlop jacket. A bit of 3-way bartering went on and I have ended up with a Belstaff jacket which I will pick up some time soon. Someone also got a tarp out of this negotiation. Apparently there's a get-together in your neck of the woods at the end of October (I think) but details are a bit sketchy due to my aforementioned sore head :oops:
Oh yes, it was a good weekend. :big grin:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
There is indeed a meet near Okehampton at Betty Cottles which is a really nice sheltered camp site with bar etc and flat ground. I wont be able to make it as Im in Morocco at the that time.

September 27th A return trip to Betty Cottles please note this one is for a Saturday
nite. http://www.bettycottles.co.uk/

Not sure how many are going though ! There is a great weekend in Wales going as well which I would def go to if I was in the UK and its FREE!

TOURATECH TRAVEL EVENT SEPTEMBER 27-28, 2008

*free of charge event based at our new premises in Ystradgynlais, South Wales.
*Ride Outs (on and off-road)
*Free camping
*A hosted evening chat show
*Food and beer tent
*Trade stands
*Motorcross and trails displays
*More TBA
*Charley Boorman and the Race to Dakar team
*Dakar veterans including Nick Plumb and Simon Pavey
*Guiness Record holder Globebusters Kevin and Julia Sanders
*Others TBA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts