BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About four weeks ago I went to the Ardennes with two friends (highly recommended for a short trip: beautiful scenery, wonderful roads). I was on my much loved R1150RS. I had decided that it would be my 'swan song' for motorbiking due to aching knees - terrible pains after half an hour). One of my mates tried to persuade me not to give up - "Try an F650 - much more comfortable for the knees." I posted a couple of weeks ago about a Dakar and got helpful advice on price (thanks). Then, last Saturday this same friend rushed in to the house and said, "Quick, there's an F650GS for sale 200 yards away!" I tried it - liked it - bought it. 6000 miles, ?3500. Couldn't ride it til yesterday - I was away working.

Decided to take it from the Isle of Wight to London for work. Woke up to a stunning day. Found myself really annoyed that I'd sold the RS. This won't compare, I thought. Slower, less fun. How can I enjoy it? WRONG! I don't remember having so much sheer fun on a bike for years! Talk about chuckability! And with the added bonus of less likelihood of losing my licence. My chum was right - not a single squeak from the knees.

Anyway, I'm a convert and delighted to be here!

Tim O

·
Registered
488 Posts
Tim O,

Good choice, glad you like the bike and welcome to Trevor's home for online grinners.

Fancy a trip over to the New Forest for the German/Italian day at the Sammy Miller museum next Sunday? Seems like some of these guys are going. More details on the thread in the Rideouts forum.

PB :howdy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the words of welcome. It sounds good, Pondboy, but I think I may be tied up 'parenting' as my wife's away next w/e. I'll see if they can sort themselves out and will check on the threads...

Tim O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts