BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners with a temp guage, how variable is your temp guage, coming from a car that sits in the middle what ever. My Funduro moves quite a bit, on a run it'll sit on about a quarter, in traffic it rises quite fast to just over 1/2 and the fan cuts in, but I get moving quickly so I haven't let it go higher.

I'm worried it's not cooling properly and I don't want to let I boil over or am I being paranoid and the guage just represents a small amount of temp difference.

The oil temp sits at about 80 degrees and rises to 90 degrees when on the motroway but stay steady

:thanks2:

·
may contain nuts
1,677 Posts
sounds normal to me

what you have to remember is that the cooling is done by air flowing through the rad and around the engine,

the slower you move the less cooling will take place,

the fan isn't going to be that efficient at cooling on it's own and I'd just be happy to

know that it's working

and anyway, how do you know it's not your car that's lying ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes.. I agree.. gauge sits very low now that I have changed the coolant when doing the water pump... before that it sat at about a quarter.... Rises very quickly if sat in traffic, or toll booth queues etc... the fan cuts in after 5 minutes or so and brings down a little, in bad traffic (like going through some towns where you can not filter) the fan comes on and off keeping it in check... all totally normal....

If you do not know when it was done, change the coolant for a new green one... takes only a few minutes and is quite easy to do.. (get some hosepipe for filling so you do not have to remove the tank..)..

Even in Moroccon summer heat once moving the temp gauge stayed near rock bottom... hope it helps.

Tony.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, don't know why I'm a bit paranoid about temperatures :scratch:

I think I'll change the coolant this weekend for something decent.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
This summer in Russia was so hot (35-37 C) that sometimes even at 120-130 km\h on the highway the pointer of the gauge was on 1\2, over the word TEMP and the fan was cutting in, even during riding. The coolant level was OK, oil level too. When the temperature became 20-25C the gauge stayed at 1\4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts