·
overland and classic
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

today i got the bike pretty much finished
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

the rad guard is on,again it is punched from 4mm plate so it should protect the rad
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

as i said in an earlier post,the high compression piston is fitted,in the end i didnt gas flow it but i did match the intake stubbs to the cylinder head ports.so was it worth fitting??
hell yes:applause::applause: the motor is a lot more responsive with considerably more mid range torque.it hasnt been on a dyno but now it will easily lift and hold the front wheel in the air off the throttle in second gear,(which is what i was looking to achieve).no funduro i have ridden will come close to being able to do this.it hasnt got the urgency of say a 525 ktm but the bike probably weighs 30 kg more!!it should make things a bit easier when i have one of those "oh ****" moments,being able to wheelie a dirt bike is essential ;)
so if anyone is interested in more info on any of these mods pm me.mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 3952 View attachment 3951 View attachment 3950
the 21" dakar wheel is in:thumb:as you can see it is a fair bit bigger than the "low profile" tyre,so thats the rubber sorted,my list of excuses for falling off and being slow is getting shorter:uhoh:

Greetings and congratulations on the result. I want to ask if with 21 front wheels did you make any changes or conversions to the rear shock absorber or the wheel?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice work Mike. Did you make a case saver while you were at it. I had a stick or rock get between my chain and rear sprocket once and the chain came off. Fortunately I was going round a corner very slowly at the time but still the chain wrapped around the front sprocket. More speed and a new crankcase would have been needed.
So that is one thing you could add to the list.
Oh and a chain guide too, it means that the chain can be run a bit looser, which means less wear on sprockets and chains when off road riding.
The radiator guard looks great, it may block some air from the radiator. Which may not be too big a problem on a funduro but the later GS bikes have been known to overheat if a radiator guard is fitted, due to their smaller radiator.
Looks good.
I didn't realise that they were many off road opportunities in the UK, I have read a lot about the authorities trying to shut down greenlaning.
Anyway nice work have fun
Pete

61 - 69 of 69 Posts