BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 1998 Funduro.
The front brake squealed badly on slowing down, and as the pads were getting low i replaced them with Ferodo pads.
They still squeal.
The caliper cleaned up well, the pistons were not seized, the pad pin is clean and copperslipped, & the rear of the pads were copperslipped.
Any ideas of why it is still doing this? Its never happened on any previous bike i have owned

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hi
I have checked the resources on this site and I noticed that there were more peple complaining about Ferodo pads. I could write down the whole story about brake pads and solutions but you might find all the answers there ( the resources)
The only thing I can suggest get the genuine pads from the dealer and you might pay a bit more but it will usually sort the problem.
When working on cars at main dealers I found that many people who came in with problems very often didn't use genuine parts.
I always do all the repairs on my motorbikes but only use genuine parts and save on the labour costs.

Ton

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Most brake squeeeeeeeeeel is caused by vibrations so you need to put a little copper greasy on the back of the pad

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hi Mike
If I have been reading his first question right he has already put the grease on them.

Ton

·
Registered
769 Posts
My front brake sqeeks a bit because I put new pads in an couldn't be arsed to bed them in properly.

Is your disk glazed? You could rub it down with 1000 grit wet and dry to remove the surface shine.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hi again
Sometimes the springs that hold the pads down require changing too but mainly when they are badly corroded as they loose there strength .

Ton

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will take them off this weekend and clean the metal springs. I will also chamfer the leading edges of the pads and see if this makes a difference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.