BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to sell my 2004 Dakar as I'm looking for a change and thought it would be better listed here than ebay or gumtree.
I Bought the bike in June 2020 and since owning it I have: - had 2 new tyres fitted( Continental trail attack 3, both have done less than 500 miles. Old back tyre was advisory for last MOT), fitted a new exhaust - dominator. (I still have the old exhaust but would need welding in between baffle and exhaust), new brake pads front and rear(again less than 500 miles), I have also recently had the water pump rebuilt and as far as I'm led to believe this is one of the only major issues with these bikes.
There are a couple of bad points to the bike which I will list.
The front mudguard has been scratched from where I dropped the bike attempting some creative off-roading! it never really bothered me as it was only cosmetic and is covered with stickers ATM. There is a tear in the seat. I could get this repaired/re-covered if necessary just never got round to it. The frame of the bike has some corrosion. I was planning to sort this if I was keeping the bike but I've decided to go for something else(which I might regret later). None of this was flagged on the MOT(August) it's just things I thought I'd mention. Also one of the bulbs on the auxiliary lights recently went. These are just cheap units from Motorworks that were on the bike when I bought it. again these can be replaced if need be as the bulbs/light is all one unit.
The ODO says 8000 odd miles however I think the clock may have been changed(not by me). The mileage is based on the MOT history which I have just added up.
The only issue I've really had since owning the bike has been the water pump, which has been repaired. I have also tried to be as honest as possible with the listing however if there are any questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

I'm also not in any rush to sell the bike as I won't be getting something else until Spring so I may get some of the aesthetic repairs done if I get some time and can be bothered.

bike is located in Glasgow

Looking for £2600 ONO - as mentioned previously I'm not in a rush to sell to silly offers will be ignored.

Thanks for looking

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Light

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts