BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I think this as been covered before but would still like to ask again if possible.
I have a 2009 f 650 gs factory lowered bike, what is involved in getting the bike back to standard height?
Does it only mean changing the spring and damper, does it also mean changing the front forks or are they the same on the factory lowered and standard height bikes.
Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm doing this with a 2012 F650gs when I got it last week it had already been fitted with a Hagon shock so that is no issue for me. Not sure what if anything has been done to the forks yet. Looking at parts lists online I cannot find any mention of different fork internals or parts at all for the lowered bikes. In specs the air gap is quoted as different on some sites but I have seen all sorts of sizes quoted. My bike is well soft at the front it needs stronger springs at least. The static sag bike only is 52mm at the back the sag is 25mm with the Hagon shock and feel about right for damping. There is lots of conflicting info about fork springs oil type and level setting so I will just discover by measurement and trial and error what works for me, I'm old and an ex track rider so done lots of suspension changes. There is a post on here about doing this on an older model, a single I think, but I have no idea if the fork internals are the same or not..Perhaps someone will know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts