BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm bringing my 2004 F650GS into the UK (From Hong Kong) at the start of June and will need to convert the speedo cluster to reflect MPH instead of KPH. Could anyone point me in the direction of either a good Overlay website or a business in the UK that could assist in changing it?

Keen to avoid the cost of replacing the entire cluster.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You could always just put some markers on the speedo where you need them.
If your speedo is in Kilometres then
35mph should be pretty close to 60klm/hr
50 mph is 80 klm/hr
60 mph is 100 klm/hr.
Other than that look for some computer nerd or hobby type and get them to print a new face for the speedo.
Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did mine a number of months ago. I changed the facia with one that was printed by a german company. I will try and find the details and post here. Mine was a 2008 bike and no-one has these in stock any more but the co I found was happy to print one off for me.
I used an app called MotoScan to change all the digital readouts from Kph to Mph and Mpg etc. I had the app as I retro-fitted tyre pressure sensors and they needed coding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is no comms to the 650GS single dash for MotoScan or any other diags system to code anything so I can only assume you have a twin cylinder model OldCroc, the Kayjay has an 04 single
Ah - I missed that. But obviously the speedo facia does not require any coding so hopefully the above company can help out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts