BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about having a F650 owners list showing our locations in case anyone needed any help or just wanted to visit?..... I would be happy to lend my tools and help any member if they needed it... No personal details just a rough location.

G

·
:howdy:

Sounds a good idea but . . . hang on . . . isn't that what the "owners" bit is on the F650 website? :whistle:

Actually it does show that whilst the forum continues with the same strength the web-site has been frozen in time . . . :-(

So . . . and with warmer days ahoy . . . is there a way that the "owners" section of the web-site can be brought bang smack up-to-date? Mike is right, many "car clubs" do have a register of members who will assist a fellow if handy?

:howdy:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi All,

Frappr was great but ground to a halt. The site is only beta at the moment and this is a well known problem with the site.

You can surf the members list which will tell you where everyone is based. The static pages are being tweaked occasionally at the moment. I am planning a make over for the site later in the year which will allow us to build the "static" content easier. Hopefully there'll be news, owners, kit reviews, etc that we can all contribute towards.

Gary

G

·
If you go to your PROFILE page you can add or amend your location. It was an original rule of mine that that I insisted people added their location (and bikes) when they registered, so that answers to question were made easier because you could tell what model/year of bike the question referred to.

That 'location' of a registered member is shown on the lrft-hand-side of any post made by someone registered here.

You can already go the the MEMBERLIST and do a sort by location. All the data is already there, but maybe not quite as organised as logically as it should be.

How would you write it ??

as Inverness , Scotland ??

or Scotland, Inverness ??

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd instinctively write it as I'd address an envelope so town first, county/country last.

But then I do a lot of things oddly. If not plain wrongly. But always loudly and confidently.

- Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
mike wright said:
How about having a F650 owners list showing our locations in case anyone needed any help or just wanted to visit?
Mike, without wishing to wee wee on any bonfires, I dont have a PC or web browser on me F....so how could I use it? :wall:

ta ra

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fosse Fox said:
Mike, without wishing to wee wee on any bonfires, I dont have a PC or web browser on me F....so how could I use it?
By using a web based phone like I do!....or print them off before you do a long trip :roll: .....................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.