BMW F650 Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
HI Baz I had a look at your video again, it does sound like the plugs or spark is breaking down when you rev it up.
Check the stuff in my post above and maybe change the spark plugs too.
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Bugger bugger bugger! I rode the bike down the hill to the market on Saturday and then when I wanted to come home it wouldn't start! Bloody thing!
No spark, heaps of power to turn the starter motor. Trailer'd it home and even tried jump starting but never any spark. Now I'm waiting for a new OBD2 reader that works (last time I took it to mechanic to read $$$).
Any ideas?
hi Baz. So if you did engine sensor cleaning, check wiring there, maybe connector or something.
Also, do you mean no spark that you checked it on the spark screwed out?
And also..maybe just a killswitch? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Pete.
I've ordered a new OBD2 so I'll wait for that but your right, I need to check plugs and caps. Plugs were new but I do suspect the coil over plugs maybe at fault.
Another 2 week wait. Anyway I'm buying my new bike on Wednesday! (if it actually checks out ok - cb300r little fun bike for the mountain road.)
Cheers,
Baz

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Dennie looks like you found the source of some of the metal fragments. Seems the spring was not very good quality steel. Thanks for the heads up
Pete

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hi Dennie looks like you found the source of some of the metal fragments. Seems the spring was not very good quality steel. Thanks for the heads up
Pete
not only the spring, you can see on the right that rollers are significantly damaged too. They look like cylinders now. Put the old one, original sprag clutch back - previously changed it to Chinese because of hard starting, but I think it was because of bad battery.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts