BMW F650 Forums banner

Dash idea?

Tags
dash idea
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DAFDALZIEL 
#1 ·
Me again!

I used to have an old style Funduro with the temp guage, and now have the newer type with the clock.

Now then. I used to like having a temp guage, as I'm paranoid about overheating in most vehicles I drive (dont ask!), but always wanted a clock! Now I have a clock, I'm not sure I trust a lickle light bulb to tell me when I'm getting hot. Does it even work? They really should have another light bulb that lights up to tell you the temp light bulb has blown!!

Anyway; I've seen posts on changing the clock for the guage, but I want both!

Does anybody know (before I pull it all apart) what is behind the little BMW badge on the dash middle, as I have thought of getting dirty with the hole cutter in that space to fit the aux temp guage. Would it fit depth-wise?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards. Steve.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Cheers John and Dave.

John. Both Fundurosthat I've had, but the newer 'American friendly' update disposed of the temp guage in favour of the clock. What I want to know is how easily I can have both (original) items by cutting a hole in the centre of the dash where the little badge is. I know it would be easier not to bother!!

Dave. Cheers. That's where I got the original seed of the idea from. I spend hours on those FAQ's

Regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.