BMW F650 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Morning all,

I did ring BMW Battersea back in November and was told that my pulley was not a recall on my bike (2004)... But on earlier models this was the case with many small front pulleys that had issues... If anyone knows different to this then please let me know as I will follow this up again with BMW, Thanks...
As I said above, mine had the rear pulley replaced twice and the front pulley inspected and "glued" once as recalls. Bear in mind though, that mine is the original 2001 model, and was in the first few Scarvers produced so there would be more scope for production/design issues.
How many thousand miles had your pulley done at the time of failure ? Being just about to hit the 40K mark on Rosie, I'd be best keeping a close eye on things like this :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
belt pulley failure

Hi Paul ,
I have been a member nearly a year now , i can remember pictures posted last year just the same as yours . Fortunately from memory that rider managed to stop safely as well so two in less than a year is not good . Not any more reliable than the old chain it would seem .
johnny R :(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi Paul ,
I have been a member nearly a year now , i can remember pictures posted last year just the same as yours . Fortunately from memory that rider managed to stop safely as well so two in less than a year is not good . Not any more reliable than the old chain it would seem .
johnny R :(

Hi johnny

I still like the belt drive on the CS I just feel that the rear pulley should of been better engineered in its strength also the cost of a new belt is about £200 now!! that's just stupid compared to say a decent chain and socket for the GS...

It would be interesting to find out how riders of the BMW F800S and ST and how they get on with the belt system on there machines...

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scarver Pulley Collapse

.Has this ever been recorded as happening to anyone else?
Hi all, my drive pulley collapsed, have bought a replacement and just found this thread while looking into 'how-to-unfree-the-pulley' ...

Have unscrewed all the fixing bolts, do I just bash it to get it free ..?

Thanks

Mark

21 - 25 of 25 Posts