BMW F650 Forums banner

Conversion?

Tags
conversion
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  johnny R 
#1 ·
Just a thought, has anyone thought about the possibility in doing belt conversion on a 98 funduro. Possible or not?????
:riding:

#3 ·
Conversion

I think the most obvious benefit would be not getting greasy or having to lube up the chain, adjustment, quieter running, more efficient. Its just a thought, I wonder if anyone has gone down that road and made the change? Interesting.
:riding:

#4 ·
Waist of time and money if you ask me.
My chain hasn't been adjusted in the last 3500 km and still okay. Chain lubrication takes about a minut. And the lubricant keeps your wheel and spokes like new ( no rust)
And on this bike the chain lasts for ever and ever it seems to me anyway. Why no conversion to shaft drive I sorted that problem out forever. If it was a problem in the first place lol.:riding:

Ton

#5 ·
Belt conversion

Hi Zit ,
When i was looking to buy a 650 i did fancy a CS for the belt drive . I found that they seemed to be more expensive and also not as nice looking as the funduro.
As TON says the chain is ok and after seeing a knackered rear pulley from a Cs with bust belt i will stick to the old chain drive . It would be easier to buy a bike with a belt but the ultimate would be a shaft drive and also more reliable .
johnny R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.