BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
may contain nuts
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in an attempt to combat the issues we have been having with hacking the decision has been made to move the forum onto the latests version of the forum software.

as a result there will be a series of outages over the next few days while this takes place.

all existing posts will be transferred from backups so we shouldn't lose anything

we'll let you know when this has been completed

Ian

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
Just to say that there will be an outage tonight (Thursday) at 9pm until the morning whilst we do some server work.

Also just to confirm again that I'm shutting the forum down each night just as a safeguard. We've been free from attacks for some 5 days now and nothing has been compromised.

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
Another update, you may find we have some further outages this weekend as further work is done.
I will try to give notice of any here.
Thanks
Dave

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
so what is being changed then?
I guess you could split these in to in front of the scenes and behind the scenes.

In front of the scenes pretty much everything has happened. So we're on the very latest version of vBulletin software and there is a new look and feel and some extra functionality.

Behind the scenes there is still much to do. We are running off of a temporary server at the moment and will move back to our rebuilt server soon. There are other forums also running on this infrastructure so although we try to keep the impact to a minimum i may have to close forums or you might some errors whilst something is happening in the background.
Hope that explains.

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
Ok final set of changes happening this weekend. I will need to take the forum down overnight and we will be moving back to our original server. This will mean an IP address change which will mean that although the server is back and fine it can take a day or so for your ISP's to catch up and know the F650 forum has moved.
There's no way of avoiding this I'm afraid, but it should now be the last change and stand us in good stead going forward.

·
Ex Site Owner
221 Posts
Right ok took a lot longer than anticipated but we're back and this should now be the end of the downtime.
We're also in a much more resilient position than we were before and it will now be impossible for any of the other forums I run to compromise this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts