BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any parts breakers that might have a headlamp unit for a Scarver ? I've got a problem with mine, and BMW might not have any in the country according to my dealer, and at BMW prices I actually cannot afford to get my bike fixed before my Euro trip :cussing:

Problem!!!
Any ideas guys ?

Who was the guy who had two dead CS's the other day, and can I buy a unit off him second hand ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Derek, try F650Mal. He posted that he had two he was trying to repair, maybe able to help.

·
Registered
428 Posts
cms breakers, 01892 730407, did have a CS some time ago, If you find one in the South East, I can hand it over to you next week.
Regards
Dave

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
http://www.james-sherlock.co.uk/

Monday - Friday:9am - 5.30pm
Saturday:9am - 1pm (not winter months)

They may have some....You can get it posted direct in a couple of days if needed or overnight. Hes a sound guy and if he hasnt got one he can tell you who has one I reckon.

Mike.

I can put it in for you if needed.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info chaps, I've just got back in from 36 hours away, and will try the ebay one first, but then will ring around. I did ring Motorworks yesterday, but they have never "broken" a Scarver yet...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update...

Just been to the garage, and stripped the current unit out, so that I can have it to hand for any queries if the ebay guy responds to my request for information. I can't believe how easy it was to strip out, it was just like fixing a computer (thats what I do for a living), everything was a couple of bolts/screws and lift out of the way and the headlamp unit connects with a single power lead. Amazing!
The bike looks most weird without a front end though :)

Thanks for all the contact numbers etc, I am making notes for future use, if other things on the bike are as easy to work on, then I could be saving some money later in its life...
We really must have a "how to service your Scarver" lesson sometime...

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I won the ebay auction, just arranging to try and go and collect it to save time... :dance:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am very happy to report that the new part appears to be working a treat! I sent the seller on ebay a message asking him to contact me if I won the item, which he did, and I went up this afternoon after managing to get away from work early and collected it, and have just fitted and tested it in the garage. Result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
50 quid and 3 hours driving instead of 200 quid, I can cope with that :)

Thanks to whoever it was that posted the ebay link, much much appreciated :not worthy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Good result, if you can fix that, you can save yourself more money in the future and service and tune your own bike, it's easy and good fun.
well done
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts