BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My f650 recently started to screech and squeel faintly when I would get into the higher rev range, it's stayed there for a little bit now, and got slightly louder, I've checked my oil, and it happens in and out of gear even with the clutch pulled in. I'm looking at a long road trip as soon as I can and I don't want to kill the bike on it, Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My f650 recently started to screech and squeel faintly when I would get into the higher rev range, it's stayed there for a little bit now, and got slightly louder, I've checked my oil, and it happens in and out of gear even with the clutch pulled in. I'm looking at a long road trip as soon as I can and I don't want to kill the bike on it, Cheers.
Too much tension on the belt? That can cause a squeel on the F650CS. Belt should have about an inch of play when pressed on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Too much tension on the belt? That can cause a squeel on the F650CS. Belt should have about an inch of play when pressed on.
Also - if that is the problem the front pully splines may be wearing from the tension. If so, take off the pully to inspect. If worn mix up some epoxy and coat the splines and reinstall the pully and let cure then reinstall belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts