BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of the main ride out seems to start at the Ace Cafe from 8am. Some of us spoke about doing this last Sunday at Newlands Corner and it seems the Spitfire cafe in Biggin Hill would be a good starting point for SLOG to meet up at about 9am.

·
R.I.P.
6,931 Posts
May Day

The main ride to Hastings was started over 25 years ago by "Team Fad Muckers", & leaves Locksbottom near Bromley at about 1030 ish.

With the amount of nutters now involved, at least one fatality every year & parking in Hastings becoming impossible, I have done an "Alternative May Day Run" for the last ten years or so.

Starting at The Spitfire, we use a cross country route, crossing the A21 at Flimwell & finishing at a sea front pub which is not in Hastings. ;)

Unless you are intent on seeing the main chaos, you are welcome to tag along.

:riding:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm up for meeting at The Wilbur's Clubhouse, aka The spitfire Cafe,but fancy Hastings and fish and chips in Rye so will see you all for breakfast.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great - you're aiming for my neck of the woods! Where do you end up and what sort of time? As I live here already, I'll pop along (if I'm allowed!), or might tag on from Flimwell if you've any idea what time you'd be there?

:cool:

·
R.I.P.
6,931 Posts
Marshyboy said:
Great - you're aiming for my neck of the woods! Where do you end up and what sort of time? As I live here already, I'll pop along (if I'm allowed!), or might tag on from Flimwell if you've any idea what time you'd be there?

I am usually at the crossroads at Flimwell between 1030 - 1130 ish taking photos of the passing hordes.

Destination is the William the Conquerer in Rye Harbour, but keep that quiet ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wilbur, John, Myself and Charlotte turned up at the Spitfire cafe. Had a quick bite to eat and set off about 10.20. Stopped at Flimwell for about 15 mins before Wilbur set off for Rye, while Me, Charlotte and John went into Hastings. To say it was heaving was an understatement. We eventually left and made our way to meet up with Wilbur and Marshyboy, but were too late to get fish and chips so made do with a bag of crisps. All went our separate ways and I ended up doing about 200 miles.

·
R.I.P.
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
yep,sunny all day,great route to Flimwell (thanks The Wilbur)and only 1 haddock caught in the whole of the south coast all day, by The Wilbur.Still, I love plain crisps.(you had to be there!!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good to meet you all at last, even if I didn't get to ride with you - next time!

Went back through the mayhem that was Hastings - utter idiots on L plates doing ridiculously stupid manoeuvres - God, I'm turning into my mother!

Cheers all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts