BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the following are endorsable offences (as in points, not fines) at the roadside?
(all on an '85 registered bike)

Loud / not E marked exhaust
No indicators
No mirrors
Small Plate

Asking for a friend you understand.....

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bob, the small plate would just be non-endorsable £30 ticket. I'll check the others when I get to work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bob,

Exhaust - Non Endorsable - £30 fine, no points
No Indicators - Non Endorsable - £30 fine, no points
No Mirrors - Non Endorsable - £30 fine, no points
Number Plate - Non endorsable - £30 fine, no points

However be aware of using a vehicle in a DANGEROUS CONDITION.. £60 fine and 3 points if offered a fixed penalty, or more if summonsed to court.

SHOTROCK

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers chaps.
It's just a rat bike that's all, everything's pukker and correct except the indicators and mirrors (which aren't fitted).
If the bike was one year older it wouldn't be an issue as I believe they only became compulsory in 1984.
I've had loads of old bikes without mirrors and indicators, I actually believe it's safer in some respects because it forces you to look around, rather than relying on mirrors and car drivers really do notice hand signals.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interesting to hear a professional opinion on this.

That's why I ride my 1959 Triton - no mirrors, no indicators, exhaust in line with original spec ie loud etc :riding:

David

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a Husky with no indicators or mirrors, had no problems with this, but did have a problem with silencer because it did not have correct stamp. Cost £30 fine as above.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No mirrors or indies are both £30 fines?!

My (2003) bike passed the MOT like and it's never been a problem, police have seen me hand signalling and never said anything :?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That MOT manual is interesting and it highlights the fact that the MOT requirements and the legal requirements for use on the road don't always agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.