BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got a problem here that very suddenly occured "over night" so to say:
About a week ago, installed a new battery (AGM, with higher crank power). Everything worked just fine. Now ALL of the indicators stopped working. (Not sure if it's got to do with the new battery – but I wouldn't think so... at least it wouldn't make sense to me)

Lightbulbs are good. Fuses are good.
Took the indicator switch apart & gave it a good clean.

Now the only thing I can think of is the actual flasher relay – but the only way to find out would be to buy a new one.
Can anyone think of another possibility that causes the problem?

Cheers
CP

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes, maybe the handlebar switch?
Can get damp in, but also contacts can corrode, first port of call squirt some wd40 or switch cleaner in to it. if still not working Dismantling is 2 nd option, check current flowing through (or not) first if not then thats where problem lies. If dismantle, fairly easy, but beware contains springs and contacts, undo slowly, covering with a rag will keep flying parts contained. Make a note of where bits are too . . . . . Contacts will be dirty, LIGHTLY sand /remove down to bright metal where they make contact, reasemble , , , , ;-)
If not handlebar switch then you are probably looking for a loose connection or broken wire, when you replaced battery check that area first, connecters in harness corrode too, . . . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts