BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Recently had a new rear tyre fitted, and drove away fine. However next day ABS light was on and the speedo didnt work...
I ingeniously discovered, that if you stall it, all seems well and the light goes off and speedo works.
Which leads me to think is this just a case of resetting something?
I'd prefer not to go back to my mechanic, as fitting it in around work is always a pain.
Any advice out there?
Cheers.

The tyre incidently was a Pirelli Diablo Strada £135 fitted and I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Sounds like sensor may have been disturbed when fitting new trye. needs equal air gap between pick and serated rotor, these are pretty delicate, easily damaged, I'd also check loose/ broken wiring arround sensor. Not aware of any resets on these, had wheel etc off a few times on mine, with no problem, check FAQ's here for others experience/ advice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks chaps, I was hoping it would be 'turn the ignition on, flick the high beam switch and stand with one leg in the air' but it looks as though I need to get the hammer out!
regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
yep, probably the sensor at the back, the gap is too big.[gap between the black sensor and the ring on the wheel], nothing too serious,i usually just remove the black sensor unit and put it back and it works again ! well it does on the dakars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bungay man - I was originally from that area.
If it ever stops raining, I'll give it a go.
Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts