BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2010 BMW F650GS, I went to do a general service and when the mechanic opened the head cover and found a real mayonnaise on the cover, I have a commute to work that arrives in a total of 4 miles round trip, I go from bike just not to leave the bike stopped for a long time but apparently it is better if I leave it stopped during the week and on weekends to ride longer, I would like to know if anyone would know identify the real cause of this problem? I will send you a photo of the head cover, thank you very much.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like water or condensation in the oil.
If you park outside all the time then condensation could explain it as you only ride short distances.
Make sure that you keep an eye on the level of coolant in the radiator and overflow tank.
If they don't change then that is good.
Oh , check the engine oil too, how often do you change it?
If the engine oil is that colour too then change it.
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for helping, as I said before, I'm not riding the bike much for about three years now I changed jobs and I'm working about 4 miles counting round trip and because it takes a long time to complete the 3 or 4 thousand normal miles to change the oil I have been doing the oil changes every 6 months, the old oil is not coming out with signs of water and the radiator and reservoir water are also at the correct level, I and the mechanic are not we are finding the origin of this fact, I am almost resigning myself to believing that it is really condensation, as I don't notice anything different in the bike's performance, thank you very much for your attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts