·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2002 BMW F650GS
40400 Miles
3 former keepers
£1800

I've had this bike since August 2019 and done 10600 miles on it around Scotland. I like it so much that I've got a BMW 750GS on order which has now been built by the factory and is due for delivery this month, so the F650GS is to be sold.

Its been very reliable and a great ride. Most of the "adventure" bikes like this are stupidly tall, but not this one. I'm 5' 7" and buy trousers with a 29" inside leg. I can get both feet comfortably flat on the floor which I find a lot better than tippy toeing a bike when its stopped.

It may be just 55hp but its also quite torquey so its nippy on overtaking and its happy with a pillion (in fact she says its quite comfortable too) I've been around the NC500 (1st pic) and I'd do it again no problem on this bike. Normally, I start looking for fuel at 200 miles and expect to put in 12 - 13 ltr into a 17 ltr tank. I get 70-75 mpg

In my ownership, the maintenance has been

• Clean the throttle body cold idle bypass soon after I got it so it idled better after starting.
  • Replace the clutch cable.
  • Replace a bulb in the dash.
  • New front brake pads following MOT advisory.
  • Oils and filters serviced as normal each year.
  • Coolant replaced.

The oil+filter and the air filter were last changed July 2021 4000 miles ago. Tyres were replaced June 2021 and are 4700 miles old so have plenty of life left in them (Middle section tread depth 3.5mm front 4.2mm back).They are Metzler Tourance, a very good quality tyre recommended for these bikes

Obviously its not perfect, its coming up for 20 yr old so some paint is going (look at the foot rest hangers) and like a lot of BMWs, the engine paint is going too but the plastics are all intact everything is straight and it looks like its never been over.

The only faults are:
  • Small oil weep from the sump plug.
  • The fuel warning light doesn't work, there is no bulb in it as it stays on constantly. I just zero the trip every time I fill up.
  • Couple of trim pieces (the yellow flashes) missing, one each side.

It has a new MOT (May 2nd) with no advisories. Reg no is YL02 YRS so you can look at its MOT history online.

I have both keys and the master key too. One key operates all locks, ignition, fuel, seat, and topbox. The original toolkit is also still with the bike under the seat.

The bike is in Edinburgh, Test rides only with the full asking price in my hands and proof of insurance. No need for a courier, you can ride this one home, I've done 300 miles in a day no bother.

I'm limited to 10 pics - I have more. PM me or give me a call 07734 112230

Pete Sykes

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts