BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Euro trip

Theres nothing really set in stone... I dont mind the route as all I have done so far is book the 2 weeks off. I would like to do a mixture of camping and cheap places to stay. maybe this time head South for warmer weather considering the time of year. I was thinking of just riding around looking at different things and generaly a relaxed ride really. The sort of head towards the Pyranees and if I dont make neer mind or ride towards Italy or Spain. Really its a lets have some great rodes and enjoy the ride and scenery type trip I would like to do. :riding:

I looked on Eurostar but got a ?130 quote ? or ?100 if I leave v early and come back early.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
markrich said:
I could be interested if I get the insurance through and obtain a new bike by then.

I had considered heading east through Germany and Poland and possibly to Vilnius.
Sounds good!...If we could get there and back in two weeks I would be up for it :riding:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't sat down and worked out all the particulars, but by staying in the EU all is simplier on the paperwork and insurance. I've been along a similar route by car two years back and have travelled by coach a few times too.

map24.co.uk says it can only takes about 23 hours direct avoiding motorways where possible (which is the whole idea I think in order to see the country) but taking into account breaks and overnight stays I think twice that. So 2 weeks is plenty of time in my opinion.

Like I said. Haven't worked it all out but I'm sure it's do-able (oh dear, is that a word?).

Marky

·
Registered
117 Posts
btw..

btw...if you chose the 1st of April until the 17th April. One would get 17 days holiday but only need to take 9 days off work due to weekends and bank holidays.

Also, I noticed higher up the thread that someone mentioned 11 GBP on the Eurostar. Isn't that passenger only? Need to take laShuttle or a ferry to get to the mainland surely?

Marky

G

·
Mike
I'm interested, will give you a ring over the weekend.
but the further south the better (warmer) as far as I'm concerned.

Gareth

G

·
Mike :smoke: and I have now booked our Euro-tunnel tickets for this trip
If anyone else is interested you would be more than welcome to join us.

Here is the plan so far, though we are happy to change it as the weather or any better idea dictates.

Leave 3pm Sunday 26 March
Return midday Saturday 8 April

Both via the Euro-tunnel, though for some reason Mike got charged ?75 and I got charged ?82. ;Um:

Head south, ending up somewhere nice for the Thursday night, Mikes Birthday. :big grin:

Head up to the Paul Ricard Race Circuit for the weekend. :riding:
According to Performance Bikes Magazine the is a big classic bike race meeting here this weekend, although as yet we have not been able to confirm this, but it?s a lovely area with some fantastic roads so we thought we would just turn up and see if its on.

Head along the South coast, maybe visiting the Millau bridge and Carcassonne before arriving at the Pyrenees. The route home depending on how much time we have left.

Accommodation will be a mixture of camping and cheap hotels.

Go on you know you want to. :nod:

Gareth

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm really jealous, I wish I could go as well :-( (Although I'm going to France in a month, but that's only for 4 days!)

I hope you guys have a really good time, remember to take millions of pictures and post them up here for us to see!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the good trip wishes :-D ...Im riding up to a friends tomorrow in Billericky then meeting Gareth Sunday morning for the start of our adventure!..... will report on the trip when we return..... hopefully some of the places we want to go will be open as there still skiiing there!.... but we still have the warmer and hotter countries on our plan....

let the adventure begin :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have a great trip - it sounds fantastic :big grin:

If you haven't seen the Millau Bridge before, IMO it's best viewed travelling down from the North on the A75 - what a fantastic road :dance: It's a great road to ride, and you get the see the Millau bridge in the distance as you approach it, and the view just gets better and better the nearer you get :cool:

Quite frankly.........I'm jealous :mrgreen:

Have fun :riding: :riding:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts