BMW F650 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

back again, the trip to america for the bike went out the window with new job. a nice f650 has popped up for 2K euro. just wondering what are the main differences between this and the dakar model?

John

·
Registered
340 Posts
Did they make the 650GS in 1998?

Theres not alot between a standard GS and a Dak IMHO, taller suspension,bigger front wheel, and the bodywork is just a different colour scheme with a slightly different screen and a front mudguard extension.

The standard GS handles slightly better on tarmak than the Dakar due to having a smaller front wheel.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Strada 98

Hi
I payed that price for my Strada a few years ago. Mine was looking almost like new. With 15000 miles on it at the time. Only required a new regulator and a few thousand miles later a rear tyre. I think its great and can only think of two disadvantages. It gets blown of the road when its windy and they don't like revving below 3000rpm. But it can't be helped and it doesn't take long to get used to.
Ton

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep, that's definitely a strada, you can tell by the front mudguard shape and the silver fairing lowers.
I'm still really happy with mine after 3 years of ownership. Strada has a low seat height which is great for shorties, and more road biased. Great for touring, really comfy for rider and pillion.
And simple to work on so no need to visit the garage for servicing :-D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sound lads. is the funduro a more off road based bike or which be better for touring?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.